Carefully planned lighting design can transform the feel and function of an interior space. The team at Red-BMS specialises in creating both beautiful mood lighting and effective task lighting installations to bring a home to life.
As with any Red-BMS lighting design, control is centred around you. Lighting systems, including natural light, can be controlled from any room, remotely or on schedule when you’re away.
Our lighting design systems make life more productive and relaxed while ensuring the home is secure and energy efficient.
You can have a button by the front door that turns off all house lights when you leave and evening entry mode to light a welcoming path to the door at night. A sleep mode turns off any in-use lights while low-level pathways of light can guide young children to bathroom at night.
Whether you wish to make an area feel bigger, a large area more cosy or create focal points and enhance existing features, we have the expertise to help.
The practical benefits of a well-designed lighting system can make your life safer and simpler as well as save energy – making your home more efficient and kinder to the planet.
Although it’s often treated as an afterthought, good lighting can make or break your home. We may spend hours poring over paint charts, but it’s actually the light that shows off a space to its best advantage.
The key is to create a flexible scheme that takes you right through the day and all the different uses of your room. At the flick of a switch, you should be able to transform it from a bright, vibrant living space to the setting for a romantic dinner for two.
There are various stages that go to make up a “lighting design”, below are the typical processes Eyestones implements.
- Design Concept – recognising environmental feel, ambience, integration into the space.
- Types of lighting – Task, focal, daylight, decorative, ambient.
- Quality of lighting – CRI, Intensity, Uniformity, Flexibility, Energy efficient.
- Architectural Conditions & Constraints – Ceiling height, special areas such as pools, bathroom, saunas.
- Setting out the layers – Task, focal, daylight, decorative, ambient.
- Light Fitting selection – Budgets, design, tech spec, aesthetics.
- Control Needs – Compatible with control systems.
- Driver & transformer – Compatible with control systems.
- Load Requierments – Circuit loads, Circuits layout